2021 NFL Free Agents - Offense
Top 10 2021 Offensive Free Agents:
1. Dak Prescott, QB is tagged with the Dallas Cowboys. With reports that Dallas wants to once again franchise tag of $37.7 million with the hopes of reaching terms on a long term contract. I think Dallas ends up paying Prescott close to what he wants and ends up being one of the NFLs top paid players.
2. Chris Godwin, WR signs a 5 year contract worth $90+ million with Tampa Bay after the Bucs free up money by restructuring the contracts of Tom Brady and Mike Evans. With other teams pushing hard to sign him like the Colts, Jaguars, Patriots, and the Dolphins.
3. Allen Robinson, WR tagged and traded by the Bears. I believe the Bears will use the franchise tag on Robinson and possibly use him as a trade piece to acquire the QB that they need to build for the future. Candidates being the Jets, Houston, Las Vegas.
4. Kenny Golladay, WR. The Lions franchise tag Golladay for around $16 million in hopes that they can resign him but it could also be a form of a “Prove Me” deal to see if he fits in with a Jared Goff led offense and/or can stay healthy for a full season of football.
5. Trent Williams, OT. Signs a 4 year contract for around $75-$80 million with the San Fransisco 49ers. Williams has played very well with the 49ers and can be a center piece for the O-line to protect either Jimmy G or someone they bring in, in the form of a trade or a rookie in the draft.
6. Taylor Morton, OT. Signs a 4 year $65-$70 contract with the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts lost OT Anthony Castonzo to retirement and maybe looking for a replacement for him and Morton could be that guy.
7. Brandon Scherff, G. Resigns with Washington on a 5 year $75-$80 million dollar contract. Washington may keep Alex Smith for a year or 2 to either be a place holder at QB as they look to upgrade via free agency or through the draft so they will need to retain Scherff who is a cornerstone for that offensive line and one of the best IOL in the NFL.
8. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR. Signs a contract for $80-$90 with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Jags are highly likely to draft a QB with their 1st overall pick with that most likely being Clemson QB Trevor Lawerence and the Jags need a top veteran WR for him to throw to and Smith-Schuster is that guy. But dont sleep on the Steelers franchise tagging him either.
9. Aaron Jones, RB. Signs a 4 year contract for $40-$50 million with the Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins surprised a lot in 2020 and could breakout as a fringe playoff team in 2021 but need help at the RB position. Myles Gaskin played well but look for the Dolphins to look for an upgrade in free agency or in the 2021 Draft and Jones is that possible upgrade.
10. Ryan Fitzpatrick QB. Signs a 1 year contract for 15 million with the Denver Broncos. The Broncos have been in dismay at the QB position since Manning retired after the 2015 Super Bowl and may look to sign a proven veteran QB in 2021 to groom Drew Lock or even a possible draft pick unless they pull off a blockbuster deal for disgruntled Houston QB Deshaun Watson.